Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Not Just Business as Ususal...

 

 Feeling different or being the outcast and the black sheep can be very hard especially when you're young. Ever since I was a child I have always felt that I was going to have an impact on the world some kind of way. But finding your way to that destination can be difficult. Everyone you know, be it family or friends will have something negative to say about your ambitions and why they will not work . These conversations have a way of embedding themselves on your brain and resurfacing every time you try to take a step towards a new beginning. Fear of failure is a real monster ( almost as much as hearing the ones we  mentioned above casually whispering "I told you so") I can only imagine how much further along I would be in my business affairs if I would have just stepped out on faith, plugged my ears to the naysayers, and went full speed ahead with my life. Being a person that has always had a natural entrepreneurial spirit but not really knowing exactly how to channel it has been hard.Being such a honest and sensitive person I had convinced myself that I would never make it in the cut throat fast paced world of business associating with the likes of moguls like Donald Trump and others like him. I always thought making it in business was about having no feelings being heartless making the tough decisions even if it meant hurting and exploiting others to become successful. On the contrary after studying the lives of others  I realized that I posses a lot of qualities that would make me a wonderful business woman. I'm  creative, resourceful, detail oriented, organized, and passionate about the success of myself and those around me. What other people think about you does not matter they do not add up to enough to even count ( I mean really have you seen the other category on most poll questions other never really accounts for many votes). Once you have determined that no ones opinion matters its just about getting focused, pin pointing your strengths gifts and talents and seeing how they can help. Then roll your sleeves up and get to work! It takes a person with a good self perception to believe that they could be good at running a business because the money does not just make itself ( well at least not for awhile) There are so many factors that are contingent upon you. Your ability to communicate, network, and interact with professionalism and integrity is key. So people who make the road to success look easy probably are not really on that road. There has to be something unusual, uncommon or unique about your business if it is truly going to be successful so why not start with the owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He will Guide Me

  He will guide me through walls that keep me out He will guide me through drought stricken lands, and endless desserts of doubt ...